Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gimme Gimme Gimme....

I think I'm going to run tonight!! I'm on such a high just finally feeling like I can put on my shoes and safely go for a run without being dizzy and falling on my face and breaking my teeth. Am I the only one that worries about that? I figure a bruise or scratch, even a twisted ankle - that will all heal fine, but I don't want to end up flat on my face and ruin my teeth.  So that's right - I'm totally wired, just off an adrenaline high with this anticipation of running. It is currently 86º right now. I'm hoping it drops, oh... 20, 30 degrees before I run. Hm.

Anyway, today I'm sharing my wish list that I have been creating in my head!

  1. One of those foam roller things. Everybody has been talking about them, and it seems like they just might be quite handy and beneficial.
  2. Those fancy leg sleeves. Again - something I've heard "pro" runners talk about and say they can't live without.
  3. A running buddy - or circle of buddies - in my city. I honestly do not know anybody else around that I could just call and see if they wanted to go for a jaunt through town. There are places I'd like to run, but there is no way I feel safe enough to do it alone. Local running friends would be nice.
  4. More sports bras. I'm so ashamed to post this, but I only have 2. That was fine when I was running in cold weather and not sweating as much and not able to run as far at one time. Now that it is summer - basically I always stink and I am always doing laundry.
  5. Vegas. I want to be in Vegas. I always want to be in Vegas.
  6. Any sort of idea for something unique to do while celebrating my 32nd birthday in Walt Disney World. I've spent so many years there, I want to do something "new" to me. I just don't know what that something is yet. Any suggestions are more than welcome!
  7. I want to resume a good running schedule. The summer killed me. I am ready to be a steady runner and be one of those that can say "I did an easy 7 this morning" like its not biggie. Just a little warm up to start the day. I want to be that person!!
  8. I really want my grocery store to start carrying the Morning Star Chik'n strips that they used to have. I would buy them in bulk, and now suddenly they are all gone. This saddens me. 
That's all. I can't be too greedy. I mean I'm an only child and generally do get what I want, but most of that time that's 'cause I set out to get it myself.
So - if you have any input on the foam rollers, the leg sleeve things, fabulous sports bras that you love, or ideas for my birthday party, let me know - I'm all ears... ºoº !!


4 comments:

  1. I just tried a Moving Comfort bra, I plan on doing a review but I'll give you a heads up, I love it. You should try one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the foam roller, leg sleeves and more sports bras...titlenine.com has a great selection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun list!! Foam rollers are good things. I second Moving Comfort bras. And hm, a fun thing to do at Disney World - they just opened a new pizza restaurant at Epcot that I am excited to try out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seriously want to hit that pizzeria. I've seen the pictures and the food looks sooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº