Monday, August 16, 2010

The Post Where I Incorporate Disney, Babies, Vegas and Running

Baby actually. NOT babies in the plural form.


I have a plan! I think I have amended it plenty of times since its creation back in early 2007.  (3 years is quite a long time to research and ponder!)  I am getting older, after all. I'm not the young thing I once was. I mean, I'm almost 32. Yikes! That's so close to 40, which is almost 50, which is... ugh. I can't continue.

So, for the sake of sticking to my plan, I will now outline it below. I mean an outline is so close to a list, and I love to make a list!

I.  Ronda's Brilliant Life Plan
     A. 2010
          1. Make the final annual Fall visit to Walt Disney World
          2. Enjoy the 20th anniversary of Halloween Horror Nights
          3. Keep trying to be the best runner this non-runner can be
     B. 2011
          1. Complete 4 1/2 marathons
                a.  Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon in February
                b.  Hippie Chick 1/2 Marathon in May
                c.  Disneyland 1/2 Marathon in September
                d.  Las Vegas Rock'n'Roll 1/2 Marathon in December
           2.  December 2011..... take necessary steps to begin sperm donor process
                a.  Pick the donor
     C.  Have my one child
           1.  Enjoy life!
           2.  Keep on running!
                a. Maybe be the girl with the jogger stroller thing??


Granted I suppose it may change, like if some fabulous gent walked into my life ... i.e. Mark Harmon or Steve Gonsalves.  But as it is I just can't ever see myself being married again. Maybe I can live like Kurt and Goldie. Maybe.

So there it is! My master plan. My family has been antsy enough waiting for my little offspring to get here. I really thought I would have resolved that by now ... but then I decided I wanted to run, run, run. And continually go on vacations. Hell, when my mom was my age I was already 12 years old. Oy! I'm totally going to be the mom with a walker at Mom's Weekend when my little baby is in college. He/she won't even believe it when stories are told of my college days and how binge drinking was the norm on every Thirsty Thursday. Or how I never missed a football game. Or how I was youthful enough to have worked outside in sticky Florida weather. Or how I actually ran in half marathons.

Okay, so maybe I'm not that old, but still. I'm behind.
So stay tuned .... in 2011 after crossing the finish line in Vegas, I will act like a grown up, become best friends with Jennifer Aniston and we will be the single, straight girls with our sperm donor babies!  It could happen.

5 comments:

  1. Great plan. You'll be running circles around all the college kids, that's the great thing about running, it keeps you young! Maybe young with bad knees but who cares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! I think it is a fabulous plan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a life/master plan. Having a kid (even if you are a single mom) will not stop you from running and racing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a great plan! And the Hippie Chick 1/2 sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº