Tuesday, October 26, 2010

100 Days - Week 9 Recap ... and other stuff, too.

Week 9. What happened to you?? Did you just come and go and leave nothing but French fry grease on a napkin??

I only ran TWICE. Once for just 2 little miles. And once where I set that really amazing PR that I haven't been able to shut up about since it happened! I had intentions of running on Sunday, but last time I had a great race and ran the next day ..... hip bursitis happened. So I was superstitious and not going to make that mistake again.

And then there was the food. I blame the Jimmy Buffett concert! You see I wanted to get out of town ASAP, but I was really hungry. There was a train - which seriously cuts the town in half - so I wasn't able to get home ASAP. So I went to Dairy Queen and grabbed a grilled cheese and fries.  That was all I ate that day.

The next day my mom said that she wasn't having lunch with Grandpa and we should have something together. She asked me to pick us up food from Pete's Drive-In .... they have ho-made fries! OMG, I will HAVE to upload that photo to share with you all sometime!!! Anyway, another grilled cheese with crispy fries and goop. Mm, sinfully good. 

And then my friend wanted a lunch date the next day. We had lots to catch up on -- Buffett, work drama, boys -- and so we tested out a newish restaurant downtown. Their grilled cheese was good - but their fries were DELICIOUS! 

So pretty much I gorged on French fries. I don't even feel bad about it. I guess in my head I know that once I get back from vacation I'm going to be forcing myself to eat better and the 1/2 marathon training will start, so I had to enjoy the yummy stuff while I could!

*******

Which leads me to vacation .... I'm leaving Thursday after work. I won't be back until November 8th. I'm taking my laptop so I can register for the Hippie Chick Quarter Marathon at 3am Florida time! BUT it will cost $10 for a 24 hour internet connection in our room. So basically what I'm saying is, while I'm in Disney World I will be busy playing in the parks and frolicking on the beach, so I won't be able to stay caught up on everyone's blogs. I'm already behind as it is. I try to stay caught up, but then things like work and Glee get in the way. 

Don't forget to watch Glee tonight!!! RHPS 4 EVER!!!


7 comments:

  1. I'm guessing you like grilled cheese and french fries? ;) Have a wonderful vacation! I will miss you while you're gone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been eating my dream meals! So jealous!!! Have a fabulous time on vacay at the House of Mouse. Will definitely be watching Glee tonight, I've been looking forward to it since they announce this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could basically live off of grilled cheese sandwiches and never get bored with them. In WDW I will pretty much live off of grilled cheese, cheese pizza and fries. OMG, it is going to taste soooo good! Ooh, and popcorn. And chips in the UK. And margaritas. Mmm, the margaritas!

    Okay, I'm obviously hungry right now! :) ºoº

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget the frozen lemonade in WDW!!

    The $10 connection fee will be worth it to get signed up for Hippie Chick. I'm so excited to run it next year. I'll be thinking of you at midnight PST on Sunday night.

    And, I'm with Rae, will miss you while you're gone, but have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. funny

    I had ho-made fries when I was in Buffalo once ... my Dad warned me not to dip into the special sauce on the side of the plate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RR - We're meeting over French Fries at WDW in February.

    And you better post something between now and November 8th... I might go into RR withdrawal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Glee!! One of my favs:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº