Friday, April 15, 2011

Run #3.2 - Speedy Shoes

I'm still not sure what has possessed me to try all this fast running when I am still trying to recover from that half marathon on Sunday. I know a lot of you can just do this stuff back to back without a problem. I, however, am not one of those people. But for some reason (Eugene Half Marathon coming up so soon!!) I am not letting myself rest.

So I threw on my new adidas last night, left the dog at home, and went out for a 5K. My plan wasn't to be a speed demon, but it just sort of happened! I did pause a mile in to assess the shoes and how my feet were feeling. Since they are new and fit differently than my Nikes do I just wanted to take a moment and see how my feet were feeling. I also had a mini detour at the duck pond to walk down to the water and say hi to the ducks and geese. I looked for nutria and beavers but didn't see any. Shucks!

I'm feeling like I need to sign up for a 5K again some time .... because I ran last night's (minus the shoe/duck pause) in less than 31 minutes! I'm on the heels of that sub-30 5K, I can feel it!

I have no photo for today, so I thought I'd share the elevation from the Corvallis Half Marathon. AND I'd like to note that upon reviewing my data, when I was kicking ass on the football field, I was running at a 6:24 mm pace. WHAT? Me? Yes!! No wonder I passed people and then proceeded to be sick in the garbage can for a while. Totally worth it? Yes!

10 comments:

  1. KICK ASS!

    Yes, sign up for a 5k! Consider it a training run whose ASS you're going to kick!

    Have you signed up for those two mud runs yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speedy pants!
    Sign up for a 5K! You will do well and there will be no 4-mile curse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rose -- Biker Boy has left me in charge of deciding what run to do. I think I am sold on the Warrior Dash - because of the fire. And then I'll considering adding the Mud Run the next weekend. I don't want to push my luck too much and have him back out all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Warrior Dash is a good intro. He'll get hooked. it's awesome.

    Just remember to fight your urge to look down at the fire when you jump it. It makes for a terrible picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang Miss Speedy! You so got a sub 30 5K in the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowie zowie!! You need to sign up for a 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe we should try to run a sub 30 5K together...though that could be all the drinking from the week talking...but I bet that we could get you to a sub 30 together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 6:64...woah...

    i think the fastest I've ever run was somewhere in the 8's and yeah... I barely finished the run!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ummm - the elevation here where I run doesn't seem to get above 20 feet

    And must do Warrior Dash!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº