Thursday, August 18, 2011

3 Things Thursday: Healthy Edition

  1. I checked out the YMCA last night and am really excited to join!  I've already picked out a water aerobics combo class that I want to do MWF from 6 to 6:45am. Also I think I'll do a private lesson with a trainer in the weight room so I can learn how it all works and how much I should be trying to move around with my weakling body. Next, I just have to get a new swim suit/swimming suit/bathing suit (what name do you prefer?? There is much debate about this between my best friend and I - we'll discuss him in #3.). I want a suit that is legit for exercising - not some "lounge by a Vegas pool with a cocktail" type of suit.

  2. For the first time, I am at work in a running skirt - the one I wore in the Princess Half, actually. I figured that this way I can be half ready to go running after it cools off a bit tonight. I haven't been physically able to run in nearly a week, but I am EXTRA motivated to run now ....

  3. I think my best friend, a Florida resident/Disney cast member, is going to do the Chip'n'Dale Marathon Relay with me in Walt Disney World in January. So, yeah .... I'm determined to amp up the training and overall healthiness so I can be awesome and run back to back half marathons (I'm registered for the Half the day before). I already called shot gun on the second half of the race. He is way fast (like 89 minutes for his last half marathon fast) so I almost feel like I'll be getting a head start when it is my turn to start running!  Tonight my plan is to brainstorm team name ideas. There are many years of crazy stories between us, finding the perfect name to really capture our personalities and friendship might be really easy or really hard!
New Marathon Relay Team??? Possibly!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm doing the relay, too!! I'm doing the second half, because the day before I'm going to be running the half marathon and it's basically the same route.
    My version of the Goofy.
    But YaY!! I'm super excited I get to see you again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet!!! That is exactly what my plan is, too. I should have just naturally known this is what you are doing. I mean duh! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a smart lady! Run the part of the relay you don't run on Saturday! I'll be volunteering for the half on Saturday and running the full on Sunday, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a great race and medal. You will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The relay sounds like a lot of fun, and so do the YMCA classes. I'm way too cheap to take any fitness classes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº