Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm MIA For A Bit

This is me. Right now. NOT all there!
I guess being MIA isn't new as of today... I mean I dropped off of the planet after my last two blog posts. I'm pretty much still down for the count from that Meniere's attack that happened mid 7-mile run.  Sunday night I was supposed to go home from Biker Boy's house - a 3 hour drive - but couldn't walk, let alone drive on the freeway. So Monday I had to call in sick. My dog and I took over BB's house while he was at work. We watched/slept through a few documentaries and movies. (I don't have Netflix, so this was an exciting new world for me.) Eventually after I crawled through Target with BB to get our Warrior Dash outfits, and a fast dinner at Red Robin, I was on my way back home. Made it in one piece in faster than normal time, too!

Yesterday I tried to work. That lasted 4 hours. At lunch my mom took me home (she is my designated driver when I end up dizzy and have to get around - it helps that we also work together) and I slept and watched Kathy Griffin on Bravo all afternoon. 

Today I'm not any better. I didn't take my back-up meds so that I can hopefully not sleep at my desk. Yesterday I took one and as soon as it hit my system I was slurring and I felt like my eyes were just completely blank. Lovely.  

So in the mean time, I am just out of the loop. Once I get home I'm always laying down. I haven't had time to read any blogs, and I feel so bad. I bet you all have awesome stories of things you've done, races you kicked ass in, silly things your children did.... and I can't keep up. I can't even really look at a computer screen long without getting dizzy. I kid you not I have to grab onto the handles of my chair for fear of falling out.

And I have Weapons of Mass Destruction training today. No joke.

I really just want to run. I had fabulous intentions for preparing for the Disneyland Half. I don't want to let Rose down, and I am determined to get as prepared as a slacker can during the summer. I haven't figured out how I will pull this off given my current situation, but I'll be like Project Runway and make it work!  Only 3 short weeks from tonight I'll be doing the last minute packing for Disneyland. Yay!!!! Excited doesn't even begin to describe how I am feeling. I've made all of my reservations, plotted out my days, talked BB's ear off about it and have been watching travel videos (and Netflix docs!!) about Disney any chance I can get. Vacation, Here I Come!

So until I am out from under my blurry rock, take care every body. Sorry to be a blog reading snob. I always feel so dang guilty and like a bad friend when I can't keep up. :(

16 comments:

  1. I'm sending you massive "feel better soon" vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine having to deal with Meniere's... your a trooper for sure!

    Sending you major feel better vibes here soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I cannot imagine how you have a "running life" with this most-certainly aggravating condition, let alone simply functioning day-to-day!

    I applaud you in any case for what you have been able to accomplish in spite of it. I hope that someday there will be a treatment that will cure it once and for all.

    In the meantime, get better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending you tons of pixie dust and get well wishes!! :) Hopefully this all subsides soon so that you can get even more excited for Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon! You're a tough cookie for sure, dealing with all of this the way you do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a painful way to get a day off work! Feel better. I googled Meniere's so I can understand better. You poor thing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you start feeling better soon! I hate that you're going through this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw man. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yuck!! Feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girlie, don't push yourself! You need to take care of yourself, so we can run Portland together next year. Get well soon!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. ugh, I hope you feel better asap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Get better soon.
    And never feel bad about blogging. No blogpressure. Ever.

    Sending you massive hugs from AZ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº