Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pumping Iron

I should have at least flexed I guess. Lame!
Has anyone here seen Starlight Express? I freaking love it. It is my favorite Broadway show - even though I'm still on a mega Les Miserables kick. ANYHOOZY, I love Greaseball. One of his songs is Pumping Iron. Swoon.... the ladies love him. Well now I, too, am pumping iron!

Saturday morning. while Biker Boy was at my house preparing a feast for the annual Jimmy Buffett party, I was at the YMCA with Jordan. It wasn't Jordan Knight from New Kids on the Block. I know you probably thought that, but it wasn't. He was very cool - not intimidating at all.

We set up a card for me, which was actually a full sheet of paper with all of the machines on it. And then we started! We hit all of the weight machines figuring out the settings I need and a good amount of weight for me to try on all of them. Weight machines have come a long way since I goofed off with them during junior high P.E. class! I have the wimpiest arms ever. It was almost comical when I tried to do certain machines. But then we hit legs and I had to keep getting more and more weight added. Apparently running has made me awesome in the leg strength department. Actually, even in school I always hated the arm exercises but loved the ones with  my legs - apparently that hasn't changed.

Rose always has awesome stories of convos she has with her trainer. Well mine couldn't compare, but I did have one conversation that almost made little Jordan blush. We got to the final machine. He says, "then there's this one. Mostly women use it, some men do, and it is just weird. But you can do it if you want, I'll show you how." So he goes through the whole process and then it was my turn to hop into this contraption. Then I just started laughing and then it went a little something like this.... "You know why women don't mind doing this? It's 'cause we totally have to pretty much get in this position at the doctor's office once a year!" Once he was able to speak again he commented how it is just strange that it faces the big open window, at which point (while doing this leg work in my running skirt) I said, "Yeah, it is a little 'Hey boys!' ... good thing there are shorts under this, right?" Apparently said machine used to face the main door. Talk about a little surprise to people coming in or going by when all the ladies are there spreading open and closing their legs over and over again!

So about 45 minutes later we were done. We did hit the upstairs cardio room, too. I don't really have plans to use the things up there since I just go outside to run. The new plan is to stick with my Monday, Wednesday, Friday water class and then go down at the same early morning time to do weights on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm going to find time to add another day in there somewhere. I'm so excited! I'm going to get muscles. Woohoo! 

2 comments:

  1. I just ran across your blog...love it. Funny thing, that machine our talking about, at our gym it's right in front of the mirrors! Go figure!! hahaha....Looking forward to folowing your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious that the crotch machine faces a window.

    We're going to be workout day buddies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº