Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Don't Hit The Snooze!

May 26, 2015  My life is now not only drugs, it's alarms. Check out my current list. Four times a day I hear an alarm -- more if I dare to hit snooze on any of them!

This is my second day of taking my estradiol pill 3 times a day. It never fails I'll just get comfy and an alarm will go off to take one. I might start carrying these around with me all the time like its my cell phone so I won't have to groan each time the alarm goes off!

Notice my countdown calendar.... single digit countdown!! As the day gets closer I am getting more excited but more nervous. It's the biggest day, the day all of these months have been leading up to. Eek!! Fingers crossed!!

Why estradiol? I think I understand this correctly .... the Lupron I'm on is what made me feel like I was going through menopause. The point of that was to suppress my natural body functions of ovulation. I already have 5 frozen embryos so we don't want my body trying to make more eggs when really we want my body ready for the embryos. The last doctor appointment confirmed that my body was suppressed. So the estradiol pills are going on a crazy schedule (you can see that in the calendar below) to basically trick my body into having a normal hormone fluctuation. Hopefully my uterine lining is thickening, which is what this week's appointment is going to measure. If it is thickening the way we want then my embryo transfer stays on schedule and I being progesterone injections as the last step to prepare me for a possible baby or two.  Dr. Wu said the estradiol will help minimize the Lupron side effects ... and I pretty much don't notice the Lupron at all anymore. I'm either used to it or it's just going away, so yay! 


MAY 2015
SundayMondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFridaySaturday
12
Begin Lupron injectionsLupron
3456789
LupronLupronLupronLupronLupronLupronLupron
Last birth control pill
Run Track Town 5K
10111213141516
LupronLupronLupronLupronLupronUltrasound/blood workBegin Estrace pills
LupronLupron
Estrace: M
17181920212223
LupronLupronLupronLupronLupronLupronLupron
Rock'n'Roll 10K
Estrace: MEstrace: M Estrace: M Estrace: M Estrace: M EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
24252627282930
LupronLupronLupronLupronLupronUltrasoundProgesterone injections
Estrace: M EEstrace: M N EEstrace: M N EEstrace: M N EEstrace: M N EEstrace: M EEstrace: M E
31Notes:
Progesterone ProgesteroneM: Morning N: Noon E: Evening
Estrace: M EEstrace: M E

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my little blog, your comments rock my compression socks!! ºoº